Tuesday, August 23, 2011


You would think at 53 years of age I would have a better handle on life. I wouldn't be so easily brought to tears or have my heart broken into millions of little pieces. You would think by now I would be able to guard my heart, restrain my tears and handle life with little difficulty and worry. That's what one would think...but that is not the case.

Reality is that I have cried many tears, my heart breaks, and still I need time on my face before God in prayer requesting forgiveness, wisdom and guidance on a regular basis!

Life has a way of sneaking up on you. You think you are going along just fine and then BOOM something happens that makes you wonder if you can keep going, even for just one more day.

Over the past few weeks I have watched so many solid Christian people go through some of the most horrific circumstances possible. I have listened to other Christians whose hearts have been hurt by fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and others go through the agony of trying to make the 'right decision" for their lives.

I think we have all felt the pain of rejection a time or two, and have been disappointed and hurt by people we thought loved us and cared about us.  I would even go far to say that I wonder if God is even paying attention because it seems that, at times, He is very quiet and doesn't seem to be working in a certain situation.

Normally, I write about things that are not quite as depressing, and it is not my intention to depress you now. But I think there are many people out there who are trying to live the perfect Christian life and pretend that all is well, but inside they too have broken hearts. They too cry into their pillows at night out of pain that comes from living in this fallen world. The reason I share this personal moment with you now is only because we need to learn be authentic with one another.

I rejoice in Christ and all He has done and continues to do in my life and the lives of my brothers and sisters in Christ, but I feel the need to be on my knees a little more these days in prayer and conversation with God. People are hurting. Christians are hurting. This is NOT God's plan. This is the enemy who wants nothing more than to destroy each and every one of us. God wants us to live life and live it to the fullest. He sent His only Son to die on a cross so that we may have life and have it abundantly, not just in heaven but here on earth! Are we claiming the things He died to give us? It is so easy to get caught up in the tragedies of life and start focusing on all the difficulties and challenges around us instead of taking stock in all the blessings God has given us throughout our lives!

My heart is heavy...I hate it when people are hurting and the devil is on a rampage. But I refuse to give in and give up! I will continue to pray for those I have had the privilege of ministering to and hearing their stories. I will continue to love people, even the ones that seem unloveable. I will continue to speak truth about God and His love for us. His grace and mercy towards us. I will continue to warn those who choose to "tear down" instead of "build up" their brothers and sisters in Christ that there is a price to pay for such action. I am not perfect. I am not great. I am greatly forgiven!!! I am not the one to focus on...Jesus is!! The situation is not what we are to dwell on..God is!! The words of men are not what we need to listen to...it is the Word of God!!

Being a follower of Jesus Christ is not an easy journey. In fact, it is at times a struggle, painful and downright frustrating. But I would much rather live my life on this earth with Christ then without Him. Being a follower of Jesus Christ means I do nothing alone. He carries me when I cannot walk. He give me joy when there is nothing to be happy about. He leaves me His peace when everything around me is in chaos.

Beloved, do not hurt one another. Do not judge one another. LOVE ONE ANOTHER...as Christ has first loved you! Be aware that there is an enemy of your soul out to destroy you. He wants nothing more then to pull the brethren of the church apart. As long as he can get us to focus on one another's sin and shortcomings, instead of loving one another and encouraging one another to do better and keep going, he gains ground. I pray we won't give him one more inch!



For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
ECCLESIASTES 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment