Thursday, August 18, 2011

I NEVER KNEW!!


 
Okay, okay, so I may not be the most observant individual in the world, but I am someone who can learn once I am shown something. Recently, my husband burst into laughter after I got into the car and fastened my seat-belt and began to complain about the belt not fitting me properly. “I cannot believe we cannot find a vehicle that offers seat-belts that fit me! Every car we ever buy always pins me to the seat with a constrictive belt, that hits me in the neck and is very uncomfortable! Am I a freak or something? Am I the only one who struggles with this problem? Is my body so “out of the ordinary” that I just don’t fit?”   My husband just looked at me, laughing, and then gained his composure and said, “Karen…all you have to do is hit this button right here and adjust the seat-belt to fit you more comfortably”. I quickly asked him, “How long has that been there?”

I have been driving since I was 16 years old, and without giving away my age, you will just have to trust me when I tell you that is a long time ago. You would have thought I would have learned about this “magic button” in the car way back when….but I didn’t, that’s the bad news. The good news is…I know about it now and it has changed my life! No longer are long road trips unbearable for me. No longer to I have a huge redmark along my jaw line. No longer to I feel constricted and trapped!

I had a similar experience several years back when I was constantly worrying, and fretting about things I could not control. My life seemed like a big ole’ mess that I was constantly trying to straighten out, but was only getting worse and I couldn’t understand why. I felt “trapped”. Then someone shared with me the Good News about Jesus! I remembered thinking to myself, “It can’t be that easy?” Seriously, could God forgive me for this mess I had made of my life? Could I start over and have a Heavenly Father that would help me every single day? The answer, of course, was “yes”! It was like I finally found what I was looking for….there was finally a way to make my life “fit”. I could have joy, I could have peace, I could have an eternal life in heaven through Jesus Christ!

So simple, yet I never knew. If you feel “trapped in” “uncomfortable” and find yourself wondering…why doesn’t my life “fit”, give your heart to Jesus and then allow Him to transform your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment