Friday, August 12, 2011

WHO DOES GOD SAY I AM?

This has been an especially rough week for me.  I could list all the things that have happened, and perhaps whine a little and get some sympathy, but at the end of the day that really isn’t very productive for me..emotionally, physically or spiritually.  So there you old stinky pants devil!  Ha!

Sometimes when life is getting the best of me and I get discouraged I have to take a minute and start remembering who GOD SAYs I am.

We tend to let other people define us, or we allow our circumstances to define us. As for me, I was always great at allowing my past to define who I was, until one day I decided to get serious and find our just exactly who God created me to be and who He said I was.

Below is a list of Scriptures that I have hanging on my bathroom mirror and in my kitchen. I also keep a copy in my Bible. Periodically (sometimes daily) I pull out this list and I just start confessing and reading them off one by one. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit renews my confidence and my self-worth as I read and believe! You can hear it in my voice as it gets stronger and bolder the further down the list I go.

GOD IS A LOVING AND JUST GOD!  Remember Who You Already Are … Loved and accepted. You Belong! You are Valuable!!!

WHO AM I?

I
AM a child of God. (John 1:12)
I
AM saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
I
AM loved by God and He gave his one and only Son for me. (John 3:16)
I
AM born again…through the living and enduring word of God. (1 Peter 1:23)
I
AM a new creation in Christ; the old has gone and the new has come! (2
Corinthians 5:17)
I
AM at peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
I
AM a container of the Holy Spirit Who lives in me. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
I
AM filled with God's wisdom. (James 1:5)
I
AM helped by God. (Hebrews 4:16)
I
AM reconciled to God. (Romans 5:11)
I
AM not condemned by God. (Romans 8:1)
I
AM justified. (Romans 5:1)
I
AM filled with Christ's righteousness. (Romans 5:19; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
I
AM Christ's ambassador. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
I
AM completely forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
I
AM tenderly loved by God. (Jeremiah 31:3)
I
AM the sweet fragrance of Christ to God. (2 Corinthians 2:15)
I
AM a temple in which God dwells. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
I
AM blameless and beyond reproach. (Colossians 1:22)
I
AM the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
I
AM the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I
AM a branch on Christ's vine. (John 15:1,5)
I
AM Christ's friend. (John 15:5)
I
AM chosen by Christ to bear fruit. (John 15:16)
I
AM a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him. (Romans 8:17)
I
AM united to the Lord, one spirit with Him. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I
AM a member of Christ's body. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I
AM a saint. (Ephesians 1:1)
I
AM hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
I
AM chosen by God, holy and dearly loved. (Colossians 3:12)
I
AM a child of the light. (1 Thessalonians 5:5)
I
AM holy, and I share in God's heavenly calling. (Hebrews 3:1)
I
AM sanctified. (Hebrews 2:11)
I
AM one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. (1
Peter 2:5)
I
AM a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for
God's own possession and created to sing His praises. (1 Peter 2:9-10)
I
AM firmly rooted and built up in Christ. (Colossians 2:7)
I
AM born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me. (1 John 5:18)
I
AM filled with the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
I
AM someone who can approach God with boldness, freedom, and confidence.
(Ephesians 3:12)
I
AM someone who has been rescued from the enemy's domain and transferred into the
kingdom of Christ. (Colossians 1:13)
I
AM someone who has been made complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
I
AM someone who has been given a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. (2
Timothy 1:7)
I
AM someone who has been given great and precious promises by God. (2 Peter 1:4)
I
AM someone who has all my needs met by God. (Philippians 4:19)
I
AM royalty in God's kingdom. (John 1:12; 1 Timothy 6:15)
I
AM someone who was bought with a price, and I belong to God. (1 Corinthians
6:19,20)
I
AM someone who was adopted as God's child. (Ephesians 1:5)
I
AM someone who has access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
I
AM assured that all things are working together for good. (Romans 8:28)
I
AM free from any condemning charges against me. (Romans 8:31f)
I
AM someone who cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35f)
I
AM established, anointed, and sealed by God. (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)
I
AM confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected.
(Philippians 1:6)
I
AM a citizen of heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
I
AM a personal witness of Christ's. (Acts 1:8)
I
AM God's coworker. (2 Corinthians 6:1, 1 Corinthians 3:9)
I
AM seated with Christ in the heavenly realm. (Ephesians 2:6)
I
AM God's workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
I
AM someone who can do all things through Christ, who gives me the strength I
need. (Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this Karen.....thank you for sharing. Going to print those out and keep them close to me, for when those bad days come.

    ReplyDelete