Sunday, August 21, 2011

HOW WOULD JESUS ACT?

 
I was running errands and I first stopped at a fast food drive-thru to get some lunch. When I was greeted at the drive thru menu board and gave my order I thought to m yself, "Boy, this girl on the mic is not enjoying her day at all!" When I got up to the window I noticed she had the sourest look on her face, she seemed very angry, and did not want to engage in any conversation with me whatsoever. I didn't even get asked, "Do you want fries with that? or "Would like 2 for a dollar?"  When I asked for an extra package of ketchup I thought she may reach her hand through my car window and choke the living life right out of me!!!  Holy moly, it's just a pack of ketchup.  I didn't even ask for sweetener for the tea.  Too dangerous.

After I got my order I proceeded to drive next door to wash my car. When I pulled up to the automatic wash bay, a gentleman came out with a big smile on his face and said hello. He helped me place my coins into the machine and he also shared with me how I could save money on my car washes in the future. He then proceeded to notice that I had a lot of bugs on the car's grill and bumper and told me to wait a minute so that he could spray some "special soap" on my car to help get the bugs off. Then...he told me to go through the car wash bay and if the atuomatic wash did not clean off all the bugs he would then use the hand pressure wand to clean them off so my car was totally clean! Afterwards, he did in fact, hand clean off my car and proceeded to thank me for choosing his car wash! Wow! Talk about being a servant and cheerful at the same time.  What a contrast.

I hate to admit it but I did find myself in bit of judgement as I thought to myself, "I bet he is a Christian and that girl at the fast food place probably doesn't know the Lord!"

I learned in this experience that no matter what we find ourselves doing we need to do it all with excellence as unto the Lord! We need to be a light in a dark world. We need to smile more...care more...laugh more and enjoy our lives more! Jesus did not die on that cross at Calvary so we could be miserable...He died on that cross so we could have life here and in heaven and to have it abundantly!

Whatever you are doing do it with the joy of Christ! Treat others as you woud want to be treated and live as Jesus lived...love your neighbors. If we would all do that...the world would be a better place.  Oh, and Mondays are no excuse to be in a bad mood.  LOL  Just sayin.
 

1 comment:

  1. Come over and visit as we live in the same state and serve God.

    ReplyDelete