Monday, September 16, 2013

Being Happily Depressed!

 
 
I was diagnosed with clinical depression many years ago. When I speak I like to tell ladies I am the happiest depressed person you will find! LOL When it comes to my situation I do have to take a medicine that helps with the chemical balance. However, I also make a choice every day, sometimes minute by minute, how I am going to react to things. When reading the Bible I am always encouraged because David received God's healing from depression. In Psalm 30:11, he praises God for turning his sorrow and grief into joy! God's Word can bring joy into the midst of distress. He encourages us in Psalm 119:143 to turn to God and His Word for healing and comfort. Revelation 21:3-4 holds words of promise for those who feel hopeless about their emotional state. The apostle John describes a place where there will be no death, pain, sorrow, crying or depression. Believers will enjoy eternity in this perfect place with God forever! So when it comes to my depression I allow the Lord to work through my doctor and the medication I take. I take one pill in the morning and I take as many verses from the Word of God as needed throughout my day. That is a prescription I can live this life victoriously with!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment