Monday, June 3, 2013

BE AUTHENTIC!

Over the weekend I spoke to a woman who had just sold her home. I asked her what the key was to selling it so quickly and she told me she had a "stager" come in and "stage" the home. In other words, arrange it and present it in a way that is not the norm. That made me wonder, how many of us "stage" our lives and attitudes to appear in such a way that we may "appear" to be Christians. But on the inside, in the heart and mind, we are still holding on to sin. We "stage" ourselves to look good to everyone on the outside, but behind closed doors at home, where "normal" is, there is quite a different picture.
Those who are "in Christ" have been "bought" for a price. God gave His only Son, Jesus, to die on a cross as payment for our sins! I pray that God gives me the grace I need to be authentic...not "staged.  Staging may be acceptable when selling and buying a home.  But when it comes to our souls, Jesus knew exactly what He was paying for, and He bought it anyway. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment