Saturday, January 14, 2012

What has God trusted you with lately?

Have you asked yourself lately, "what is that God has trusted me with?" ?

If you had asked me that question I would have probably answered, "children".  Of course, then immediately I would begin to add to that answer and most of what I would add to it would be material things.



Today I had the privilege of communicating with a mother whose daughter was recently very seriously injured when she walked into a moving propeller of an airplane.  The young woman lost one of her hands at the wrist, lost her vision in one eye, suffered a serious head injury, and had extensive damage done to the side of her face and to her shoulder.  Currently, she is working very hard, everyday, through rehabilitation therapy to try and get to a place where she can take care of herself again, and she faces nurmerous surgeries in the future.

One of the things that struck me today was that her daughter said, "I am so happy that the Lord trusted me to walk this journey with Him and I am excited to see how He uses it for His glory and to further His Kingdom!"  I was stunned!  Really?  This beautiful woman in her 20s, who had her whole life ahead of her, was an up and coming on-line fashion journalist, was "happy" that God "trusted" her with this journey. 

I haven't been able to stop thinking about that statement all day.  When we go through trials and tough times do we thank God for trusting us with that situation?  Do we get excited about what it is He is teaching us in those times and how He is going to use it for His glory?  I have to admit, I am usually whining and asking God how long I am going to have to endure the situation and telling Him how He should be fixing everything so I don't have to feel the pain and suffer.

In the past if you would have asked me "what is it that the Lord has trusted you with lately?", my answer would have been accurate, however, it would not have shown the spiritual maturity and the trust in my Savior and His plans for me, as this young lady's answer did.

I am blessed that the Lord has trusted me with children and ministry, but I am also blessed that at times He has trusted me with struggles and trials.  It is in the struggles and trials that we have the ability to speak the loudest to non-believers.  They are watching and evaluating whether or not this personal relationship we say we have with Jesus is real and authentic.  If we are filled with peace, joy, love, and forgiveness in those tough times we are speaking volumes to the non-believer and they will want to know and learn more about this Christ we serve.

Thank you Cheryl and Lauren for being open about your pain and struggles, and thank you for reminding me that even in those times God is there.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/277768/20120106/model-lauren-scruggs-suffers-debilitating-pain-tries.htm

1 comment:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is just so awesome, and the timing is great! I think I would have let my own shame and guilt over not being good enough for God would have gotten the best of me had I read this even 6 months ago. Today, I read with such wonder at God and how he shines through the obedience of the unexpected.

    Lord,
    Thank You for this amazing woman and the lives that You prepare to meet her. Help her healing. Let Your light shine boldy and to You be the glory! Thank You... In Jesus Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete